Tuesday, 10 May 2016

My All Time Top 20 Albums



OK - a break from the politics. I've recently had occasion on a forum to list my Top 10 albums, in order. I should say at the outset that this is always something I have a 'love/hate relationship with - I always enjoy doing such things, but struggle to decide what should go in, and in what order. There were so many great 'nearly made it' albums that I thought I'd expand it and post it here as a Top 20. So here goes (counting down from 20 to 1):

20. TesseracT - Altered State
19. Gryphon - Red Queen to Gryphon Three
18. Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
17. Rush - Caress of Steel
16. Gong - You
15. Nightwish - Imaginaerum
14. Ayreon - The Human Equation
13. Candlemass - Nightfall
12. Megadeth - Rust in Peace
11. Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
10. Anthrax - Among the Living
 9. Machine Head - The Blackening
 8. Blue Oyster Cult - Secret Treaties
 7. Slipknot - Vol 3: The Subliminal Verses
 6. Marillion - Fugazi
 5. Monuments - The Amanuensis
 4. Metallica - Master of Puppets
 3. Born of Osiris - The Discovery
 2. Black Sabbath - Sabotage
 1. Between The Buried And Me - Colors

So there you have it - I make no apologies if it all changes next week!

 There's a Spotify playlist here of one track from each album:

https://open.spotify.com/user/towardsthesoundofgunfire/playlist/7IjSaANcRZwtHsBz30VPna



No comments:

Post a Comment